An Oasis in the Desert!
The Palo Verde is a client modification of the No. 31 - Fraxinus plan. Client was actively involved in designing a near-Passive House building envelope for an extreme Arizona climate. Engineering will likely be required for this project because it calls for roof built from structural insulated panels (SIPS) and walls from insulated concrete wall forms (ICFS), neither of which meets prescriptive code.
This is a free downloadable PDF plan. A SketchUp Model is available for this plan.
- Bedrooms: 2
- Bathrooms: 2
- Floors: 1
- Conditioned space: 735 sq. ft.
- Garage: 672 sq. ft.
- Overall dimensions: 21' x 35' with 24' x 28' attached garage
- Foundation type: Insulated slab with deep footings
- Construction type: SIPS & ICFS
- Heating & Cooling: Ductless Mini Split Heat-Pump
- Print size: 24" x 36"
- Immediate PDF download with license to build
- Design criteria: International Residential Code
- A modifiable SketchUp Model is available for this plan.