Follow these four simple steps to create original plans or to make changes to one of the free plans:
1. Draw a simple floor plan. It doesn't need to be perfect just do your best to show where you want rooms, cabinets, fixtures, etc.
2. Draw each exterior face of your house. How should the house look from the North, South, East, West. Simply show the general roof style, number of floors, and general window and door locations.
3. Write up a list of things you want to see in your house plan, such as:
- siding type
- insulation preferences
- roofing materials
- finished flooring (wood, tile, etc.)
- window styles & patterns
- exterior door styles & patterns
- anything you feel is important about your house that you want to see on your plans can go on this list.
Make the list as long as you like and, if possible, keep each point brief.
4. Scan the drawings as JPEG, PNGS or PDFS and send it all to THE small HOUSE CATALOG at: