Shirley Montour, Designer
Drafted by S. Dehner for THE small HOUSE CATALOG
Cathedral ceilings, full size wheelchair accessible kitchen and upper floor bathroom, covered entry porch, 2x6 wall construction, finished basement.
The IRIS is a client-developed small house plan for a cold climate over a finished basement. Plan can easily accept other foundation styles and be modified for a warmer climate.
This plan is intended to build a simple, cost-effective house to be used as a rental, It's also well suited for a larger family looking for a smaller house.
Plan is available for free. Additional engineering, local and regional code modifications may be required. Check with your local building department or code enforcement agency.
Renderings are approximate and are not literal representations of the designs. Designs are subject to change without notice.
For accurate cost estimating try BUILDING-COST.NET, a *FREE* online tool. Material costs can be obtained by visiting a local building supply center with your plans and requesting a free "take off" for your project.
House plan details
- Bedrooms: 3
- Bathrooms: 2
- Floors: 1 + finished basement
- Conditioned space: 662 sq ft above grade; 730 sq. ft. finished basement
- Main floor: 662 sq. ft.
- Overall dimensions excluding porch: 28' x 28'
- Foundation type: Finished basement
- Print size: 24" x 36" (black & white recommended)
- Immediate PDF download with license to build
- Design criteria: International Residential Code (IRC)
- ADA compliant bath & kitchen
- Wheelchair accessible small house plan