Modern, Minimalist Small House Designed to Fit A Small Budget!
The Pladsen Hus was originally designed for a small lot in the Pacific Northwest. Plan would be useful in a variety of situations, including full-time living, as a retirement cottage, or even a backyard guesthouse or accessory dwelling unit in the city.
The plan is single floor with a 3/4" bathroom that includes a standard sized walk-in shower, sink, and water closet. The bedroom has ample space for a queen or king sized bed plus a European style reach-in closet, like PAX from IKEA.
The small modern working kitchen has loads of storage capacity, room for a washer-dryer combination (or stackable) laundry unit, a whole-house tankless-electric water heater with room to space for the recommended heat-recovery ventilator (HRV).
The Living room is spacious as is but leaves potential for a small wood, NG, or LPG stove.
Plan is designed as a super-insulated assembly with a small electric heat (European wall style or heat-pump).
Plenty of light is available with the sliding door options. High efficiency windows and doors are recommended (for a comprehensive list of high performance windows and doors visit Passive Green).
Download this house plan for free.
- Bedrooms: 1
- Bathrooms: 3/4
- Floors: 1
- Conditioned space: 528 sq ft
- Overall dimensions: 22' x 24'
- Foundation type: Insulated Concrete Form integral slab
- Heating & Cooling: TBD by owner (intended for modest electric)
- Print size: 24" x 36"
- Immediate PDF download with license to build
- Design criteria: International Residential Code
- A modifiable SketchUp Model is available for this plan.
*NEW* EXPANDED VERSION COMING SOON
THE small HOUSE CATALOG is working to offer more to subscribers. By mid-month expanded versions new free plans will be made available. Expanded plans will have additional sheets, including:
- a sheet of Details showing selected close-up views of recommended construction practices.
- a Shear Wall Plan that details wall bracing procedure for Seismic & High Wind zones.
- a Mechanical, Plumbing and Electrical Notes sheet describing common practices and codes.
- a basic Mechanical, Plumbing and Electric Plan sheet
- No watermarks
The expanded plans will include the new sheets plus the original free plan minus watermarks. The expanded plans will each be a flat $79 to help support the website (hosting fees, advertising, etc).
If you're already a subscriber and interested in an expanded version of this plan you're invited to pre-order at a discount.