Modern Small House Project...
This past summer we finished the San Juan Island house and started up our current project three days later! It's located in Point Roberts, Washington and nearly complete. The plan is a super insulated design with a southern exposure. Roof is R-62, Walls are R-28, and the slab is R-20, which are all high numbers for our moderate maritime location. Already the house is performing better than expected in terms of efficiency and I'll post additional information after the house is occupied. FInishing photos are just starting to be available and you're welcome to follow on Instagram if you like.
I've had so many inquiries about the plan I'm releasing it ahead of actually finishing the house. Enjoy - and please share! There's also a SketchUp model for those familiar with the software.
- Bedrooms: 2
- Bathrooms: 1
- Floors: 1
- Conditioned space: 840 sq ft
- Overall dimensions: 28' x 30'
- Foundation type: Insulated Slab
- Heating & Cooling: Superinsulated. Propane fireplace
- Print size: 24" x 36"
- Immediate PDF download with license to build
- Design criteria: International Residential Code
- A modifiable SketchUp Model is available for this plan.