The Borealis is a 12'x12' writer's cabin designed to be used all seasons. It features a Sun-Mar composting toilet system, small kitchen with cabinets, counter space and sink. There's room for books, a folding writer's desk that doubles as an eating area, a small sofa, and a freestanding wood stove.
For accurate cost estimating try BUILDING-COST.NET, a *FREE* online tool. Material costs can be obtained by visiting a local building supply center with your plans and requesting a free "take off" for your project.
- Bedrooms: Loft
- Bathrooms: Water-closet (sized for a Sun-Mar composting toilet, opt.).
- Ceiling height: 8'-0" below loft, cathedral over nook.
- Overall dimensions including porch: 12' wide x 12' long
- Foundation type: Post & Pier
- Includes anthropomorphic snow sculpture plan
- Print size: 8-1/2" x 11"
- Immediate PDF download with license to build
Renderings are approximate and are not literal representations of the designs. Designs are subject to change without notice.